Jewelfone, as part of Vidioh Ltd, is committed to protecting your privacy and any information that you give us when you use our website by which you can be identified.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information, including your email address.
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- Information from your computer about your visits to this website, such as IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
- Information concerning transactions conducted with us in relation to this website, including information relating to the purchases you make and the fulfilment of orders.
- Details of your visit to our site, including but not limited to traffic data, location data and the resources you access.
What we do with the information we collect
This information will help us to understand your needs and provide you with the best possible service. In particular:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may occasionally send out emails about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting to the email address that you have provided.
- From time to time, we may use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information given to customise the website according to your interests.
- Jewelfone will not disclose any of your information to any third parties except in situations where it is an essential part of providing a service to you. This includes arranging for a product to be sent to you, carrying out credit and other security checks and for the purposes of customer research or when you given us permission to do so.
We are committed to protecting your personal information. So we have extensive physical, electronic and management procedures to ensure that the information we collect online is secure and safe from unauthorised access or disclosure.
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive if you give permission. They are used to help analyse web traffic and your visits to particular sites, so that web applications can provide a more personalised level of service. Using the information collected and stored about your personal preferences they can tailor your online experience to suit your needs, likes and dislikes.
The traffic log cookies we use help us to identify which pages are being used, so that we can analyse data the overall web page traffic and tailor our website to meet our customers’ particular needs. This information is only used for statistical analysis purposes and then all of the data is deleted from our system.
By enabling us to track which pages our customer find useful and which they do not these cookies help us to continually improve our website experience. They do not let us access your computer or any information about you, other than the data you voluntarily provide to us.
You can accept or decline cookies the use of. While most web browsers will automatically accept cookies, you can usually change your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer, although this may prevent you from taking advantage of some aspects of the website.
From time to time we will run special contests or surveys on our website, and these may require users to submit information, such as their contact information and email address. This information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes, and also as specified in the terms and conditions of the contest or survey. However, you do not have to participate in these contests and surveys and disclose the information requested.
Links to other websites
You may find links on our website to other websites that we think may be of interest. However, if you click on these links once and leave our site, please note that we have no control over the content or operation of the other website. These sites are not governed by our privacy statement, so we can take no responsibility for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide during your visits to these sites. Instead please exercise caution and review the relevant privacy statement for each website you visit.
Controlling your personal information
If you prefer, you can restrict the collection and use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you can click on the box that says that you do not want the information collected to be used for direct marketing purposes
- In the event that you have already agreed that we can use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can change this decision at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting, provided you have told us that this is acceptable.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to request details of the personal information that we hold about you, although a small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Jewelfone, The New Boathouse, Mill Lane, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 0AA.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above address or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will correct any information that is inaccurate as soon as possible.